A super quick Italian vegetarian pizza recipe that you can be eating in under 30 minutes. I’m not vegetarian, but every now and again I will have a meat free meal.
Pizza is a versatile kind of food and you can get creative with your toppings. Basically, anything you like is acceptable. My personal favorite is a simple, yet healthy, veggie option made with zucchini and eggplant. Here, all measurements are estimates; it really depends on your individual tastes whether you want to add all ingredients and how much of them.
- pizza dough of your choice
- pizza sauce
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- a handful of mushrooms
- 150-200 g goat cheese
- spices like oregano, salt, pepper, chili, … ( again we use McCormick Gourmet, Italian Seasoning which is basil, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, sage and oregano)
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 250° C. If you own a pizza stone, make sure to heat it up in the oven. If you do not own one, no problem – either oil a baking tray or line it with baking parchment.
- Roll out the dough and put it on the baking tray (or the pizza shovel to transport the pizza to the stone later).
- Spread the pizza sauce to your liking.
- Cut up the veggies and spread them on the pizza.
- Cut up the cheese and sprinkle it on the pizza. Add whatever spices you feel like.
- Put the pizza into the oven and bake for 15-20 min., depending on your preferences.
- Take it out, cut it into pieces, and enjoy!
Hints & Tips
If you want to try something different, read this article and try out our cauliflower pizza crust.
Want to also get our recipe for the best, homemade pizza sauce without tomato paste? It’s available here, and it’s delicious!