Easy Air Fry Tater Tots
Sloppy Joes and Tater Tots, what could be better as a meal while watching the game on the TV or while having friends round for that informal get together? Here we’ll tell you our Easy Air Fry Tater Tots recipe.
If you are looking for some healthy yet tastier option for snacks, then tater tots made in the air fryer are prepared just the right way. Tater tots are amazing in taste, and every bite is filled with crispy-potatoes goodness.
Air fryer Tater tots are the favorite items among almost all age groups. Most of the people make it in the air fryer. Well, you can consume it fiery hot as they come down from the fryer, or you can enjoy these tots with your favorite sauce or dip.
The best thing about tater tots is that it is quite easy to make. To make it more perfect, you just need to know an easy trick to get delicious tater tots out of the air fryer.
Try it at Home
The air fryer is one of the best ways of cooking homemade tater tots as a healthier option. We all know that it is available in the store as well, but the store-bought frozen tater tots come with black spots and discoloration sometimes. So whether or not you are a health freak, a homemade product is always considered the best.
Though it is quite easy to make air fryer tater tots at home and give an amazing taste. There is no hidden fact that homemade food is healthier as compared to outside food. If you are looking for the best recipe, then make sure to make tater tots at home by using unrevealed tricks.
- A 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- A few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- Dash ground black pepper
- 2 pounds russet potatoes ( We buy the 5lb bag here )
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cooking oil spray
- First, you need to mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, pepper, and sriracha sauce altogether. After that, cover it well and refrigerate till the time of serving for delicious taste.
- To make tater tots, make sure to gather all ingredients and heat the oven to 200 F.
- Now use the peeled potatoes to cover with water. Make them bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil it for 7 to 9 minutes
- Drain the water from the potatoes and let them cool for about 15 minutes.
- Now you need to grate the potatoes on a box grater or in a food processor. Combine the grated potatoes in a large bowl and mix them well with kosher salt, garlic powders, and black pepper.
- Add seasoning to the mashed or shredded potatoes.
- After that, you need to let the tot’s air dry for about 5 minutes, and when the tater tots dry, then spritz the air fryer basket with the cooking oil spray.
- Don’t forget to heat up the tater tots in the oven before serving them.
Air fryer Tater tots are made by the most basic step of scratching the fresh potatoes. Homemade tater tots are amazing in taste. Mostly tater tots consist of 8 grams of fat per servings which is quite healthy as well.