Air Fryer Pierogies, A Quick & Easy Method
Potato and 4 Cheese, Potato and Onion Pierogi, Potato and Cheddar, Sauerkraut or even Jalapeno and Cheddar. So many wonderful flavors to enjoy, but which is your favorite?
Have you at any point considered how to cook frozen pierogies in the air fryer? Air fryer pierogies can be one of the best dishes to serve when you have guests over. These delicious dumplings are easy to cook and can be prepared within minutes. Find out how you can cook simple air fryer pierogies.Click Here To Buy Pierogies On Amazon
How to Make Air Fryer Pierogies?
- 1 package of frozen pierogies
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Optional: marinara sauce for serving
Steps to Prepare the Onions in an Air Fryer
- Take an air fryer pan and put oil on it. Then start chopping an onion into long pieces and then put it into the pan and heat it for 1 minute at 300degree.
- If you want, you can add a small pinch of sugar to the onion and then mix thoroughly and just cook it for additional 7-10 minutes with continuous stirring after every 3 minutes.
- Take out the dish in the air fryer and keep it on the side.
Steps to Make the Pierogies in an Air Fryer
- Now you would observe that the onions will start becoming translucent. Just fill the bowl with water and wait for the water to get bubbling.
- Add the air fryer pierogies and pre-boil it for about 5 minutes. The main need is to pre-boil the air fryer pierogies before cooking, and it helps to cook at a constant temperature.
- Once the dumplings are pre-boiled, and the onions are kept aside, place the dumplings in the fryer. You will have to cook it for 4 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Take the temperature to as high as 400 degrees and keep it for another 4-5 minutes, until turning splendid gritty shaded on top.
- Get the onions together with the pierogies and enjoy a delicious dish!
For how long do you need to leave it in the air fryer?
If you are hungry, then you won’t wait for much time to eat your food, and luckily cooking pierogies won’t be an issue. On average, if the pierogies are pre-boiled, it takes about 8-9 minutes to cook inside the air fryer.
We just have to set the temperature of the air fryer at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes, and then we have to put some oil in it, and then we have to again air fry it for about 4-5 minutes at 400 degrees.
Can we Make this Recipe with no Oil?
Well, if you are not an oil fan, then this must be in your mind that if you can cook this delicious dish without oil, and the answer to this question is yes. We can make pierogies without adding any oil at the top of them if we want. However, we don’t recommend air frying the onions without applying the oil as they will end up getting dry and burnt, which you probably won’t want.